Wednesday 28 December 2011

NOTD - Essie Jamaica Me Crazy

Jamaica Me Crazy from Essie is a bright sparkly fuchsia from the Dive Bar collection released in the Autumn. The collection contains some stunning jewel toned shades including this one that caught my eye in John Lewis amongst the cremes and nudes I also love from Essie.


I love the colour, I have nothing like it in my stash, it's a fab Barbie pink!

The polish itself is thin and applies nicely, two coats is perfect. I would recommend a shiny topcoat as despite is glittery-ness in the bottle it falls a smidgen flat once dry on the nail. My fave Nails Inc Kensington Caviar topcoat sorted that out!

Although I love the colour, I wish it was a tiny bit brighter or a bit sparklier and it's neither! I think I'll prefer this colour on my toes with a glitter topcoat.

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I think that colour is gorgeous. I've only tried 2 Essie nail varnishes and they seemed watery and thin. Is that the case with all Essie nail polishes? x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely festive shade, although I wish it was a little more glittery!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. @becaboosmakeup - It's not true of all Essie, they have drastically improved their formulas with every collection and anything in the last year to eighteen months has a great consistency xx

    @Victoria - The base colour is gorgeous but I agree it should be more glittery!! xx

    ReplyDelete