Monday 30 January 2012

Aztec Addiction!

So I am being consumed by another obsession! 

Aztec or tribal prints!

On anything!

This trend has been in fashion for a couple of seasons now and I didn't really think it was my style however small accents are going to be all over my wardrobe this spring!

Ok, so I may be over-exaggerating a little bit here as I currently only own one accessory on this style, a scarf I purchased on Saturday from Accessorize - Link!


It's a circle scarf, it's my first one in this style and I have to say I find it a little annoying to get it to sit just how I like it! Never mind, I'll deal!
I just love the colours, cobalt blue and a bright coral, I can't wait to wear in bit more when the weather improves!

Another way to wear the trend is on your nails. I have always admired WAH Nails amazing work and their Aztec nail designs are amazing! 






Inspired by this final image I decided to try out my own last night!

Now before I show you the picture I want you to know that this look will take a bit of practice and I lost my cool a bit with the nail art pens and I ran out of room on my nail!! So I am calling this work in progress but I still like it!


They are not Easter eggs as my friend thought!

I love the colour combo but obviously I have got a bit of work to do on the pattern! I need to work on making it smaller so there is more room for squiggles and zigzags!  I used the WAH Models Own nail art pens and the colours are both from Nails Inc, Portobello Road and Portobello Market ( Both Portobello's are just a coincidence!!) 


Please ignore the grotty label on the black pen! I hope Models Own release more colours soon as they promised when they first announced the nail art pens, they said they would be available in the whole Models Own colour range, I fear they may miss the boat if they don't act soon.

I'll be practising this more for the summer, I can't wait to get out my black maxi, gold glads, Tribal scarf and bright Aztec nails!

What do you think? Do you like this trend? Have you tried this nail look?

xoxo




2 comments: