Tuesday 26 April 2011

NOTD - Ding Dong The Bells Are Gonna Chime!


With the royal wedding happening on Friday and inspired by FleurDeForce's YouTube tutorial on this manicure, I am celebrating using my favourite accessory, nail varnish!

I used Jessica Majesty Blue, of course the name is perfect, for the main colour then I striped the Union Jack using the white WAH and Models Own nail art pen and Nails Inc Aspen.


I wanted it to have some sparkle and I knew glitter would be extremely difficult to work with! It was hard enough with out adding glitter to the mix! I have to say from a distance it looks good but the perfectionist in me isn't happy with the wobbly lines on the flag. 

Majesty Blue is such a gorgeous colour! I actually couldn't decide between blues and lined up many for the task. I matched the sparkly-ness of the blue with an equally sparkly Aspen but I also needed a colour that was opaque in one swipe, no room for second coats here! The opacity of the white nail art pen was a problem for me, I needed a second coat and that made it look a little messy however I'm not sure I could have done it without the very fine tip of the art brush.


Are you planning a royal wedding manicure?

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I so wish I could find Aspen going cheap....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice design, am planning my own one currently.
    Pictures will be up soon. http://slb89.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute Hannah! You made a really good job of it ;o) x

    ReplyDelete