Saturday 20 November 2010

Ginger Nuts!

Since winter has firmly arrived my skin has freaked out! My body has gone especially dry and I am trying whatever I can to keep it moisturised.

However I hate moisturising! I need to use a product that I love or I just won't do it!

Browsing around the John Lewis beauty department I happened across the Origins counter where they enticed me in with their fab Christmas displays, I'm a sucker for anything red or snowflakey!

Most of the display was devoted to their Ginger range, I have encountered this range before and last year I purchased a body wash and absolutely loved it. I thought I would try some more from the range and purchased the body oil from the range but had a terrible reaction to it and left Origins well alone for a while.

Despite my reaction to the product the scent of this range is divine, and even more-so at this time of year. 

The scent has always drawn me to this range and something I haven't forgotten, being a little wary I thought I would try some body lotions on my hand and leave it on for a while to test it out. Thankfully no ill-effects were encountered so I went back and purchased Ginger Rush.


Described as an "Intensely Hydrating Body Cream" this is a thick rich cream that leaves my skin velvety soft. I I use it after a bath for a warming wrap of moisture and yummy fragrance.

The aroma of the cream is rich and spicy but not sweet, its very appropriate for this time of year. I may be fickle but I can't see me using this outside of winter, it just seems wrong.

I'm sure I'll use this little pot up this winter and go back for more next year! 

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Good choice, I've used that before and it really keeps your skin moisturized...i recently purchased the souffle, and was not as impressed. My skin soaked it up immediately, and i couldn't even tell i put anything on:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's good then! I actually tried the souffle on my hand and it gave me that itchy feeling the oil did last year! x

    ReplyDelete