Saturday 2 June 2012

Summer Union Jack!


Hey Guys! Long time no see! Normal service should resume once I've officially moved into my new house! I've been painting walls not nails!

Anyway I couldn't let the Jubilee weekend pass without some kind of manicure tribute! I didn't fancy the traditional colours so I went for a more summery version despite a 100% chance of rain tomorrow and a temperature of 9°c in JUNE!!

I used Barry M Bright pink for the main colour and Essie Mint Candy Apple for the accent nail. I used the Topshop nail art pen for the white and then I used a dotting tool to create the pink lines over the white! It's not the best work I've ever done, in hindsight I'd start the diagonal lines a little further away from the centre so you don't get that big blob in the middle! I also wish I'd done my pointer finger too!

My plans for tomorrow have been scuppered by the weather somewhat! My village is hosting a picnic on the green tomorrow however you won't catch me sipping champagne out in the rain! There is an all day long beer festival with beers brewed in the village, loads of games for kids and then there is a BBQ in the evening. I was really looking forward to a good village day out in a 50's style dress and loads of bunting!

What are your plans for tomorrow if you are in the UK?!

xoxo

4 comments: